Updated: Jun 29, 2021
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, daily we use between 9 to 15 personal products, and each one has around 15 to 50 ingredients. Women use approximately 515 different types of chemicals each day in cosmetics alone.
Many of them contain chemical toxins and pollutants that are endocrine disruptors.
What does this mean for our body?
These toxins are chemicals foreign to the body that can block, limit, and in some way disrupt normal hormonal function. This alteration can cause diseases, disorders and deteriorate health in general; with the daily use of products that contain these toxins, the endocrine system responsible for multiple vital functions is affected. Serious health problems are associated with these toxins, such as obesity, diabetes, neurological disorders and diseases, allergic reactions, fatigue, difficulty losing.
Knowing where these toxins are, what they are, and how to avoid them have given me the power to make better choices for myself and my family and thus protect ourselves from these chemicals that could cause immediate or future problems.
What you can do to avoid toxins:
• Start by being more aware of the number of products you put on your body. Minimize the use of products in general.
• Read the labels and try to select products that you can pronounce and recognize.
• Educate yourself. Do your research before buying. Think of something that you love and the time and energy you put into it. Use the same enthusiasm when it comes to protecting your health.
• Avoid using antibacterial soaps.
• Eliminate products that have the word fragrance among their ingredients. This term under US law means combining chemicals that give the perfume its unique and distinctive scent. This chemical combination is protected as a "trade secret."